Our best-selling, freestanding 3-person backpacking tent reinvents lightweight livability. With a floorplan that offers each occupant easy access to doors and gear, the MSR Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. Upgraded with premium features, including virtually indestructible Easton® Syclone™ poles and MSR’s durable Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating, this tent is built to last like never before. Easy-to-assemble and with plenty of interior volume for three, the Mutha Hubba NX offers the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
Carry less weight and get more livability on your adventures. A favourite of lightweight backpackers for over a decade, the Mutha Hubba NX now has composite poles that flex under heavy winds, then bounce back to their original shape. Xtreme Shield waterproof coating on the fly and floor is lighter than conventional seam taping and won't degrade like traditional PU coatings.
- For 2020, MSR updated the fly with a waterproof sealant along the seams, adding a layer of protection between you and the elements.
- StayDry side-entry vestibules have rain gutters to channel water away.
- Fly colour offers neutral interior lighting. Red floor makes gear easy to spot.
- Colour-coded staking loops.
- Rope-bag-style sack fits into oddly shaped corners of your pack.
- Includes lightweight pegs and reflective guylines.
- For a lighter shelter, you can setup the fly with a footprint (sold separately).
- Compatible with the MSR Universal 3 Regular footprint (sold separately).
|Canopy fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||15-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
|Interior peak height||1.12m|
|Packed size||53 x 17cm|
|Pole diameter||9mm, 9.5mm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.65sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.65sq. m|